Thursday, October 7, 2010

Confessions of a Fanatical Trekkie




Okay, maybe not fanatical.  I don't get home and dress up like a Klingon or Bejoran every evening and I absolutely wouldn't have agreed to a Betazoid wedding. Uh uh, no way, not on your life.  But I do love Star Trek: TNG, Voyager, DS9, Enterprise, the movies, you name it.  I spent several days visiting and revisiting Star Trek Experience that once graced the Las Vegas Hilton.  I just couldn't get enough.  What's more captivating than a huge model of the Enterprise hanging above Quark's Bar where one could order such items as a "Warp Core Breach" or more surprising than bumping into a live Klingon or Borg drone?  Doesn't get much better than that!  Not to mention the Star Trek Museum replete with time-line and original costumes and props!  (Last I had heard, most of these items were sold in an auction at Christy's.)

And so, my creativity was unleashed yesterday, awash with such admiration for Gene Roddenberry's genius and one of the best Star Trek characters of all time.  Live long and prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment